How to Update Hidden Field Value through Rest API calls in Jira Cloud....

Sneha A S August 22, 2019

I have a custom field which is hidden in the screen and i have to update that field through script runner.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2019

Hi Sneha,

Thank you for your question. 

I can confirm that to set a field which is not on the screen inside of ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud  that you need to specify a query string paramater to override screen security and to allow the rest call to set a field which is not on the screen. 

I can confirm that we have an example script inside of the documentation page located here which shows how you can use the  .queryString("overrideScreenSecurity", Boolean.TRUE) paramter to set a field which is on screen.

Please note that when running this using paramater that your script must be run as the ScriptRunner Add-On User as only this user is allowed to set fields which are not pressent on the issue screens.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Sneha A S August 25, 2019

Thank you. This is working for my project.

Rafael Costa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2022

@Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_ but how can i retrieve the updated field content? When I try it, his value is None

Suggest an answer