How to Scriptrunner send custom email and add group picker (multiple) values?

daphnethunnnissen42 August 16, 2016

Hi,

I would like to be able to send the values of the group picker (multiple values) in the Scriptrunner send custom email function.

What I tried is this:

<% out << 
issue.getCustomFieldValue(com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("My Group Field"))
 %>

The results is this:

[com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.
impl.ImmutableGroup@c6d9f83e, 
com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.impl.ImmutableGroup@1755060d, 
com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.impl.ImmutableGroup@ba45e50b, 
com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.impl.ImmutableGroup@93dd5824]

I already searched the internet and only found this:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/318102

But the problem is that it's about the possibility to copy the value to another field and I really don't now how and where I should even put the code. (Tried to put it on a transition with the post-function Script Post function and then Custom script post function but then I get method warnings. I guess this has to do with the fact that the script is for JIRA 6 and I'm running 7)

I also tried this:

def groups = (List<Group>) myIssue.getCustomFieldValue("My Group Field");
for(Group group:groups){
    group.name
}

But that didn't work.

So I tried this:

<% out def groups = (List<Group>) myIssue.getCustomFieldValue("My Group Field");
for(Group group:groups){
    group.name %>

But then the mail doesn't even get send.

I think I have 2 options:

1. I can solve it in the email template
  2. I can copy the values from the group picker (multiple values) to a text field

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

You should try:

<% out <<
issue.getCustomFieldValue(com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("My Group Field"))*.name
 %>

That should get the names of the groups for you.

The syntax of the Groovy GString templates are a little tricky, they are a bit picky about what you can do in them: http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/documentation/template-engines.html#_gstringtemplateengine

daphnethunnnissen42 August 16, 2016

It works! Thank you so much laugh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events