How to: Automation rule: WHEN issue change Status to Waiting THEN send notification/email to one use

Hello,

Can i create an automation: WHEN a issue change status Waiting, to notify/alert (by email, by adding as Request Participant) a specific user ?

At Automation level i didn't find the possibility to do that and i have looked also in Post Functions on the workflow, nothing there either or i'm missing something...

In advance thank you

1 answer

Hi Oliviu,

Do you have any workflow add-ons, such as JIRA Workflow Toolbox or JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions? If not, it won't be possible within the UI to automate adding a user to a field as part of a transition.

That said, you should be able to automate the email part:

1. Create a custom event, such as "Notifiy Manager"
  2. Change the post function on your transition from "Fire a Generic Event" to "Fire Notify Manager."
  3. Change your project's notification scheme to email your manager when the event is fired.

Hi Renee,

Nop, i don't have installed any of the plugins listed by you...

Thank you for your answer, i will give it a try.

Keep you updated

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

499 views 2 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you