How migrate H2 database to our own oracle database?

rachna March 30, 2017

Hello,

Currently we have JIRA v7.0 with H2 database,we want to use our on database i.e. oracle database.

please provide the steps for this in detail.

1 answer

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2017

You should be able to create a backup using the built in function, change the pointers to the oracle database and import the backup. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2017

A lot of places will set up a new clean empty JIRA (with the same version) that is working with the new database.

Then you export from the old one and import on the new one, replacing the "empty" data, as Joe said.  That leaves you with the old system running intact if anything goes wrong.

rachna March 30, 2017

@Joe Pitt and @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] here are my questions-
1) So in your comment Joe, you mentioned that I have to take the back up ...So this is done using "g+g+Backup" and it get stored in the Export folder..Correct?...This will be my step one , isn't it?

2)After the backup is taken,how do I change the pointers to the oracle database  in another server?

3)Once I change the DB, I import the back up folder using "g+g+import"...isn't it? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2017
  1. Yes
  2. Depends if you are going to use the current install or a clean one.  If it's new and clean, then you don't need to do anything.  If it's the Current system and you're re-importing (bearing in mind this will scrub the local data and start again), then look for <jira-home>/dbconfig.xml - you'll need to edit all of that to point it to Oracle
  3. Yes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events