How many Licenses do I need if I am a JIRA Service Desk Agent and in parallel handle issues in JIRA Software Projects?

Eric C January 23, 2017

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2017

If you have X Service Desk Agents who need Software as well, then you need X Agent licences and X Software licences.

The most common mix of licences we see is a handful of Agents and a bigger group of developers, so things like 10 Agents and 100 Developers - 90 actual developers and 10 developers who are also Agents.

1 vote
Eric C January 25, 2017

OK, Thanks! For some reasons I interpreted (after I watched an on-line presentation) that one would need 3 Licenses: 1 JIRA Core + 1 JIRA Service Desk + 1 JIRA Software.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2017

Well, you could end up with three separate licences like that, each granting different numbers of users, but the "need X" stuff in my answer still stands.

An important note is that both Software and JSD licences include Core licences, so you could do things like:

• JIRA Core:  50 users
  • JSD:  5 Agents
  • Software: 25 users

Which lands you with up to 80 users, all of whom can use Core functions, 5 get Agent access and 25 get Scrum/Kanban stuff.  If you have (say) 4 users who need to be Software and Agent users on the same account, then your maximum user count would be 76, as those 4 need to consume the two application licences each.

Like Diogo Ferreira likes this

Suggest an answer