How does having items added to multiple versions impact the predicted date in the version report?

Teresa Diaz January 28, 2016

Hello,

I am desperately trying to automate our status reporting and burndown/up charts and so on.

We are working on requirements in different subversions. All of the deliveries will be done using a phased approach. In the long term, they will all impact one global version. We want to be able to use the version report for the global (big picture) as well as for the phased deliveries. 

What we have done so far is to create versions for each of the phases and a version for the global version. 

We then added all items to the global version and then added each item to the corresponding phase delivery version.

When I look at the Version Report, it seems that the predicted dates are taking into account the estimates in each of the versions regardless of the fact that the items in both versions may be the same. That is, estimate item A in global version + estimate item A in phase delivery version, and so on. 

For example, if I have an item estimated at 20 story points in the global version and the same item in another version, it seems to add the story points together to calculate the predicted dates.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have any advice on reporting?

Could you tell me how the predicted dates are calculated?

Thanks in advance

Teresa

1 answer

0 votes
Teresa Diaz February 3, 2016

Can someone help please?

Thanks

Teresa

Suggest an answer