How does Portfolio 2.0 synchronize with the JIRA due date?

Jenine Wech January 23, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Publish updates to linked projects

In Porfolio, I have designated a target end date, and there is a scheduled end date automatically entered. However, when committing the issue to JIRA, the due date is not automatically populated in the new issue.  

3 answers

0 votes
PoflankovaM September 11, 2017

Our add-on Portfolio Toolkit allows to transfer Portfolio target dates into issues via custom fields or even to Due Date:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.teamlead.jira.plugins.portfolio-toolkit/server/overview

Alexander Rincon Delgado December 29, 2017

Hi Maria

This is cool, but is there anything we can do with Cloud

Thanks

Alex

Marcus Seuser June 6, 2018

Hi Maria,

I am still facing this same issue. Any updates or advice you can give me?

Thanks,

Marcus 

0 votes
Mark Bockstael February 23, 2017

it's very inconvenient that the jira-issue's "'due" date is in no way taken into account for the planner.
I would very much like to use this "due"-field as the "planned end" of a task. Then, combined with the "original estimate", calculate towards the beginning of the plan-period.
This way, tasks with high priority can automagically be put into the timeframe when the task is required and fit the rest around that, instead of putting all high-prio tasks at the start by default.
the only way i can do that right now, is MANUALLY adding "blocked-by"-dependencies between those tasks.

0 votes
PTorrSmithMSD February 6, 2017

I have a similar issue... it would appear the intention of "Due Date" in JIRA is the same as "Target end" in Portfolio, but there seems to be a big disconnect between the two products.

You can "expose" (ok, just show in columns field list) "Custom fields" from JIRA, but unfortunately Due Date does not count as a custom fields so can't even be exposed, let alone proxy for the Portfolio "Target end" field.

Suggest an answer