How does Portfolio 2.0 store team information

Jacques_ November 18, 2016

When I add a team in Portfolio, I see it allows me to commit changes? Can this team information be access from JIRA to allow teams to create their own boards based on this filter, or is this accessible to Portfolio only? We have a custom field "Team" in JIRA we use to represent scrum teams so I'm wondering if we should be using the Portfolio field? If it's not in JIRA, what is being "commmited"?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2016

Hi Jack,

The team information is indeed managed by Portfolio, but stored in a separate area outside Portfolio. Since the release of Portfolio 2.1.0 (October 7th), the Team field has been made available in JIRA Software as well:

2016-11-20_121413.png

See the release notes for more information and scroll to version 2.1.0 to find the section on the team field.

Or more detailed info on the team field can be found here.

In short, you would still need Portfolio for JIRA version to be able to use the team field, but when you do and you are on version 2.1.0 or higher, you can assign work to the same team directly in JIRA Software and use it in JQL Searches as well.

If you are using Portfolio and JIRA Software side by side, it would make sense to use the Portfolio Team field instead of a separate custom field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events