How do you tell CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa to use the currently logged in user as the reporter?

davidkazuhiro July 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating Issues via direct HTML links

How do you get CreateIssueDatils!init.jspa to use the currently logged in user as the reporter? The document says it's possible doesn't doesn't explain how to do it.

I tried passing "currentUser()" as a value but that didn't work.

3 answers

0 votes
Mihael March 6, 2019

Hello @davidkazuhiro

did you find some solution for this?

Thank you and BR

David Somers-Harris March 28, 2019

No, I've since moved on to other things :(

0 votes
Sebastian Menzl November 7, 2017

Is it also possible to set a dynamic duedate

duedate=3d

duedate=thisWeek

duedate=thisMonth

or anything else?

Regards,

Sebastian

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

Just realized that you were asking about getting it in the create action. It should populate the current user if you don't pass anything to the reporter value. Have you tried that?

Sebastian Menzl October 30, 2017

Hi, 

i tired this, but this does not work...

Regards,

Sebastian

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

Try not filling it at all.  It defaults to the current user.

Sebastian Menzl October 30, 2017

Yes, this is what i did. I only have 3 arguments:

• pid=11632
  • issuetype=10001
  • labels=w6-brm

or should i add a reporter argument without a value

• reporter=

?

Martin Hollerweger November 11, 2020

Can this be fixed? When not filling the field at all then it reports: Reporter is required and you have to set it manually.
image.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

There's nothing to "fix" there.  You have set the reporter mandatory, so you need to fill it in.

Martin Hollerweger November 11, 2020

Reporter should be auto filled with the current logged in user. Same as if you click create button in JIRA.
Seems that this worked previously and a Bug was introduced: "It should populate the current user if you don't pass anything to the reporter value."

Like David Feig likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events