How do unlock the TEAM field and customize the field to show the names of my different teams?

Deleted user August 4, 2016

I am trying to unlock the TEAM field so I can make the drop down say TEAM 1, TEAM 2, TEAM 3 to better track the ticket. Can any one help me? I want to be able to open a ticket and make the team field say team1 so team 1 knows to begin working on it.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

You can unlock fields, but it requires some hackery, and they are locked to prevent mis-configuration or mis-use of the locked field.

Is this the field from the Tempo add-ons?  If it is, you should be configuring the list of teams in the admin sections of Tempo.

mohd zakir June 4, 2018

Hi, Nic Brough, 

yes it works. I did it.

Thanks.

Like Perry Tancredi likes this
Jeff Brauer March 15, 2019

Hi Nic - could you please advise on such "hackery?" I need to do exactly the same thing Austin was asking to do. I have teams established in Portfolio, but I want to assign them at the individual issue level (like-  when I'm creating a new story and need to assign the team, I would populate that field just like I would sprint).

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Jeff

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2019

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-unlock-a-locked-jira-software-field-779158866.html

But I would very strongly recommend that you do not do this - the whole reason fields are locked are to prevent you mis-configuring them!

Edward Fleming August 19, 2019

I don't understand why a `team` field could be misconfigured?

If I have a given story I want a team to work on it, so I'd like to select a team on the story?

I am forced to use the old view because the new view doesn't seem to support editing this field.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events