How do i change JIRA homepage?

Tiffany Vredeveld May 4, 2016

I have created dashboard that I would like to be the first page that comes up when a user logs into JIRA. How do I do this?

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016
Tiffany Vredeveld May 4, 2016

I understand how to change the homepage I open up to, but want to change it for every user. Changing the system dashboard isn't what I was looking for.

I appreciate your answer but this doesn't help me.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

User Preferences are stored per account, that includes the default dashboard. Let's say one user have 3 dashboards and he/she selected "Dashboard A" on it's current session. The next time he/she opens JIRA, Dashboard A would be the dashboard that will be opened. You cannot control that.

So for this to work, you will have to ask all your users to add the dashboard you just created to their "dashboard" list and make it their "default" (select it one time and don't switch to another dashboard which never happens).

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2016

You can easily change the home page for the current user: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/changing-your-jira-home-page-720416089.html

There doesn't seem to be a way to enforce a home page for other users the way Confluence does.

Suggest an answer