How do I use a plugins2 plugin in atlassian cloud?

Nagaraj Mandya September 14, 2016

Hello,

I have developed a plugin that uses the project-blueprints plugin to create new blueprints for JIRA projects (based on https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/projects/tutorial-creating-a-project-template). Can I install and run this same plugin in my Atlassian Cloud instance? If so, how do I do that? If not, can I implement a similar functionality using Atlassian Connect? Thanks.

--

Nagaraj

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2016

No. 

You can only add Connect add-ons to Cloud.  If you want to add a type-2 plugin, you need to get it examined and approved by Atlassian as they'll have to provide it and support it across all Cloud instances.  They are currently not accepting any new ones, and are actively trying to get rid of some of the ones they do currently have on Cloud.

You'll need to convert this to a Connect add-on, but I don't think project templates can be done with Connect yet.

0 votes
Jochen Stals May 24, 2018

This is indeed very default functionality that does not work currently in the Cloud version. 

Any progress here? I've read a lot of pages, but none of them seem to fix it or suggest plans for the future. 

Can anyone give a workaround to create custom project-templates for cloud?

thx in advance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

Cloud is never going to allow Server apps.

Your only option is to wait until Atlassian do something to convert the templates to allow Cloud apps to provide them, or they put more flexibility into the templating.

Jochen Stals May 24, 2018

exactly :( 

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2016

As nick said: Plugins 2 is for Atlassian Server / Datacentre, Atlassian Connect is for Atlassian Cloud.

Also, the issue you want to look at for getting project templates support is: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-440

I know it is currently marked as "Won't Fix" but that does not mean that this type of problem will not be solved in the future. I would like to encourage you to make a comment on that issue with what your needs are. You might need to sign up to that JIRA instance.

Nagaraj Mandya September 15, 2016

Thanks Robert, I have commented on the JIRA ticket what my needs are.

Suggest an answer