How do I use a dashboard widget that lists or displays issues by a certain set of labels?

Christopher Yee Mon May 3, 2016

Hello,

I would like to know if there are widgets that can list a set of bugs according to the labels that they have. So let's say I don't have admin access to make edits to the JIRA configuration (I don't, at least I don't have access to create new fields, which would make this a lot easier) but I want to organize my bugs according to certain criteria. So I apply labels to the bugs.

Now I want to list in a table in a gadget in a JIRA dashboard the bugs that have these labels, according to the small set of labels that I have applied to these bugs. So in each row label_a, label_b, label_c and the total number of bugs that have that label applied.

Now I could do that now with the Two Dimensional Statistics gadget, however, the project has tonnes of other labels, so there's a bunch of junk labels that I don't want to see in my gadget. And If I could convert these labels to a separate field, this would be a lot easier to, because then I could just use that particular field in the existing gadget, but I can't.

Any suggestions on what I could do?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

You are on the right track with the Two Dimensional Statistics gadget. You just need to create a filter that includes the labels you want to see. Something like this

labels in (label1, label2, label3) or perhaps its easier to exclude the labels you don't want like this

labels not in (labelA, labelB, labelC).

Then use this filter in your gadget.

Christopher Yee Mon May 4, 2016

That is much closer. There is still a problem though. It will filter by those bugs, so I only see the bugs that I want to include in the gadget. The bugs could still have other labels on them though and those will also show up in the gadget. I want to be able to include those bugs but hide those labels when I see them in the gadget if that is possible.

Suggest an answer