How do I stop tickets from being removed from projects when they are moved to a different status on my Kanban board?

Steve Chiou January 26, 2016

I'm a PM for a small startup and want to setup a QA process.  We currently use JIRA Agile.  During our sprints, the dev team will move their tickets from To Do --> In Progress --> Done.  When it's moved to Done, the task gets dropped onto my QA Board (Kanban).  However, any time I move it from the initial status, the task is removed from the sprint.  How do I keep the task in the sprint (so we can track velocity) while still being able to move it through the QA process?

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

Make sure that in your board configuration, the In Progess and Done statuses are mapped to your columns.

What seems to be happening here is that when the task changes to a status that is not mapped to a column, it disappears from the board's Active Sprint view. It's not supposed to be actually dropped from the sprint, just from the board.

Another possibility is that your board filter restricts the statuses show in your scrum board. If the filter is made so that only To Do tasks are shown, it would have the effect you've described.

If the Sprint value in the task is really removed though, that's another issue. That would mean your workflow has a custom post function that clears the sprint. That wouldn't make much sense, but you never know.

Steve Chiou January 26, 2016

Thanks for the input! I'll take a look at the settings and see if I can identify any of the issues.  Appreciate the time and effort.

Suggest an answer