How do I show the subtask points from the Parent Story View

Mikaela Bertucci April 3, 2020

Hi there, 

I just want to see the subtask rows include story points in the parent story view:

April 3 .jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2020

Hello @Mikaela Bertucci

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand you would like to add the Story Points field in your sub-task issues on the parent view, on the right side of the status (To do). Is that correct?

Unfortunately, we don't have an option to customize it in the new issue view of Jira Cloud, so we created the following bug:

Updating jira.table.cols.subtasks in Advanced Settings has no effect in new experience

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, you can use the old issue view to add the story points field. These would be the steps:

1. Click on your profile picture at the left-bottom corner > Settings > Turn-off the new issue view
  2. Navigate to Jira settings > Issues > Custom Fields > Click to edit details your Story points field
  3. In URL of the page, check the ID of your story points field "id=xxxxx" and copy it (Command + C)
  4. Navigate to Jira settings > System > General Configuration > Advanced Settings add the id of the Story Points field in the jira.table.cols.subtasks in the format "customfield_xxxx", separated by comma from the other fields

Let us know if you have any questions.

Trương Minh Tuấn October 18, 2021

hi @Petter Gonçalves

I've tried the solution that you suggested, but it doesn't work :(

jose.fortich October 26, 2021

Me neither, I have tried several times, and it doesn't work, how can I add that field in the table of subtask in the detail view of an issue?

Suggest an answer