How do I set a value for a hidden required field? (in this case its the component field)

Linda Petty August 3, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring Fields and Screens

How do I set a value for a hidden required field?

In this case its for forms for a Service Desk portal I want the component field to be hidden and required for some forms and I want to preset its value in each form.

I get the message that a value is required for a hidden field but the 'edit field' interface doesn't allow me to set its value.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I found had to set up the components first. After that 'edit field' allowed me to pick from a picklist to set the hidden value.

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2016

Glad you found it!

0 votes
Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Go to administration - Issues - Custom Fields, look up your field and go to configure field (on the right by the cog). Then set default value.

Thanks Bart. Component is not a custom field though, its one of the standard fields.

I could use a custom field instead - I'll try it.

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2016

For component it is a bit harder indeed, i think the only way to set a default for standard fields is by scripting it in. Might be easier to create a custom field that does what you want.

Linda Petty August 4, 2016

thanks!

Suggest an answer