How do I set a fixed date for an issue (Epic or Story) in JIRA Portfolio 2?

Hans Kuit December 18, 2016

I need to set a fixed date for a couple of issues in JIRA Portfolio 2. This is because I need more control over when a issue is done so other issues that are blocked do not move.

So in a way I want some issues 'pinned' in the schedule. In Portfolio 1 we had the option to set a "Fixed date" as an issue deadline, but the option is removed in version 2. Now my whole planning is screwed because of 1 item that is behind schedule. I need to count on the deadlines for some issues, not on the deadline of the whole version. 

Is there anyone with a solution or work-around to this problem? If i need to be more clear, please let me know! smile

2 answers

2 votes
Jenine Wech December 27, 2016

I would also like to know how to set a fixed date. This was a feature in classic plans.

0 votes
Blake Antonides August 20, 2017

Does anyone have informaton on this? I need for some issues to have targeted due dates and basically schedule backwards so it tells me when I need to start based on the number of hours and due date I've given to the item.

To make this a little more complicated, I also have issues that don't have fixed due dates and what those to be scheduled regularly.

Suggest an answer