How do I set Java home an automated installation?

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2019

So, I'm running an automated installation with the following entries in the response.varfile;

The installation is completing, and the server is active, but I am unable to stop it and start it again, as it can no longer find the java directory.  Likewise, the memory configuration is not set during the installation, so the server starts with less than I want.

'app.install.service$Boolean=true'
'app.jiraHome=/var/atlassian/application-data/jira'
# 'existingInstallationDir=/usr/local/JIRA Core'
'launch.application$Boolean=true'
'portChoice=default'
'sys.adminRights$Boolean=true'
'sys.confirmedUpdateInstallationString=false'
'sys.installationDir=/opt/atlassian/atlassian-jira-core-8.5.1'
'sys.languageId=en'

I am looking for a way to set the Java home, and preferably the memory configuration for the Jira installation, lets say 8 max, 4 min.  I expect there is a way to configure this in the response.varfile, and if so what are the lines necessary?

2 answers

0 votes
admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Knowing this provides me the flexibility of altering it if necessary in the future.  I am not in the habit of delivering servers I don't know how to alter.

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2019

There is an official documentation that Atlassian released for response.varfile but it is limited what you can do is to have a post-installation setup where you add the JVM values in setenv.sh.

Most likely you don't need to set the JAVA home because the installation by default will use the bundled JAVA unless it is a tar.gzip install file.

To override the bundled java you can install a new version in the OS and edit the environmental variable, this is tricky to do, you are better off letting the installer do the JAVA stuff.

Suggest an answer