How do I search for tickets assigned or created by inactive (deleted) users?

Andy Nash September 8, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Advanced searching - operators reference

My system admin inadvertently deleted a user on my project.

I reset up that user, but JIRA won't allow me to assign them their previous username (appends a "#1"), so existing tickets are left with an assignation of the old user account.

Does anyone know any way to either restore that user (not inactive, actually deleted)? or

Write a query to find any tickets assigned or created by that deleted user so I can reassign them to the newly created version of that user?

Many thanks,

Andy

3 answers

0 votes
Oliviu Nita November 14, 2016

http://yourjiralink/issues/?jql=assignee%20%3D%20ldebay

Change the user at the end.

Not sure if it will work after a user delete, my resp asked me how to see the tickets of a deactivated user

Hope it helps

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2016

I strongly advise not deleting users. It will always come back around to bite you. Just set them inactive and remove from all groups and roles

Andy Nash September 8, 2016

Thanks Joe, I think my question implied that this was a lessons learned for my sys admin!

Marijn Vandevoorde July 10, 2019

It's 2019 and we have GDPR in place now. So yep, this is an issue :-)

Like GT likes this
0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

Suggest an answer