How do I refer to custom issue types in code?

Channels Intake January 11, 2017

I am trying to work with JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions.

I was wondering how do I refer to custom issue types when I use conditional post functions.

Every example or sample code give deals with Epics, stories and subtasks. 

However, I've created my own issue types (Like, "request", and "specific deliverable", etc)

And I don't know how to refer to them in the code!

More specifically, I want to use the post function to transition a related issue after all the sub-issues with a certain task has gone from in progress to done.

I found the documentation example for it here:

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWEC/Conditional+execution

However, it uses epics and stories.

Any help or experience would be greatly appreciated!!

1 answer

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "I want to use the post function to transition a related issue after all the sub-issues with a certain task has gone from in progress to done.". More specifically, what do you mean by "a related issue" and "sub-issues with a certain task"? 

How are your issues related? The Epic/Story relationship is represented (internally) by Issue Links. Are you using issue links to connect your "request" and "specific deliverable" issues?

David

Channels Intake January 12, 2017

Hi David, all I am looking for is a way to refer to the "Request" issue item the same way the code refers to an "Epic". Because epics, stories, tasks, etc are built in, to refer to them in the code, you just use their names, but because a "Request" is a custom issue type, I don't know how to refer to it in the code.

And by code, I am referring to the expressions you use to set up conditional post-functions.

Suggest an answer