How do I query a shared team in JQL and add as a field in Jira

Jonathan Laba April 20, 2017

I'm able to set a "Shared Team" in portfolio but don't know how to utilize it in Jira Core.  

How do I set it as a field on issues and then how to I query a Shared Team through jql?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kim Wall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2017

Hi Jonathan,

The new "Team" field that comes with the newer versions of Portfolio for JIRA is able to be queried simply as long as the team you're quering for truly is a Shared Team and not a Private Team. Using the Advanced JQL search in JIRA, you should be able to simply type:

Team =

and a list of available Shared Teams will show up for you to select.

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 5.14.13 PM.png

Once you choose the team, it will automatically resolve to the numeric ID of the team you chose. 

To display it on an issue, you will need to choose to modify the Screens used by the projects in question to include the Team field. If you are an admin, you should be able to look at your project, determine the Issue Type Screen Scheme used by the project and the screens used by that sheme. Then, make the modifications necessary. Once added, the Team field will show in the "People" panel underneath the "Reporter" field.

Note, the field will not show on an issue unless there is a value in the field. So, if there is no Team associated with said issue, the field itself will not display at all even if the field has been added to the screen.

Hope this helps,

Kim

Vanessa_Roberts May 9, 2017

This makes sense and the query itself seems to be fine (pasted below), but it doesn't return the expected results.   CF is the Portfolio team field.   I've even used ID numbers to no avail. 

project in (X) OR project in (Y) AND cf[11306] = "Team" ORDER BY rank

Kim Wall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2017

Is the name of your shared team "Team"? You will still need to use the actual ID number of the team, not the textual name. It must be the ID. 

Like Jenny Blaine likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events