How do I prevent the JETI default template from being applied to a canned response when sending email?

I have a project with templates used to auto respond for new and commented tickets. I have a notification with no events attached to it. I've configured a context that has a category of canned responses and the notification with no events. So I'm expecting to be able to select a canned response and add it to the email body and then send it as is. But when I preview it appears to include issue details (summary, key, etc. and includes a footer indicating the email was generated by JETI) that I do not have in any template I've created. I see a "default" template selected below the email body I'm composing and so I'm assuming that template is getting appended since I don't have the ability to unselect it.

So is there a way to either modify this default template within the JETI admin interface or a way to keep it from getting attached?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hmm. So I decided to create a new template for the project using the default as a base. Then cleared out the entire body except for the $!mailBody reference in the HTML and text sections and saved this template. Then I updated the context created for the project and selected the new template as the default template. Now I don't see anything except for the actual email I'm trying to send.

Going through this actually helps me to understand a bit more how the template and context features work. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,645 views 22 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you