How do I order fields within the Kanban Board view in the new Jira?

Johnny Maw August 8, 2018

I have been sandbagging the new Jira experience because of the lack of control over the order of fields when viewing issue details from the Kanban screen. Can the ordering be customized, allowing one to put "people" together for instance, rather than having them scattered randomly among the other issue fields? The conventional method to order those fields has disappeared in the new Jira.

2 answers

0 votes
Johnny Maw August 13, 2018

Thank you for the response @Andy Heinzer.  I am surprised to see the lack of customization, or even grouping by type for that matter (people, time/date, etc).

I am trying to imagine the "must-haves" that trumped the "intuitive-data/interface" requirement in this feature, so going back to point out the obvious in an improvement seems like we are starting at the beginning of a requirement that was well established about 15 years ago in Jira.

No disrespect, thank you again. My team has spent the last year turning off this feature, and responding with one single ask (in the comments) that would make the new view usable (for us) - field ordering.

Did I read this feature is being pushed or will it continue to be opt in/out?

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

At the present time, there is not a way to customize these fields in the new issue view.  There is an open suggestion request for this over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16538

The current work-around is suggested to disable this new issue view

1. click your Profile icon in the bottom left corner
  2. click Personal Settings
  3. scroll down to the "Jira Labs" section and switch off the New Jira issue view, if available
    • This switch is available only in certain instances. If you can't see the toggle, you can't use this workaround.
  4. return to your board
  5. click ... and select board settings
  6. click Issue Detail View and customize the order

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events