How do I know what screen I am looking at?

Martin Gregory January 12, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Project screens, schemes and fields

For any given view of an issue, how do I know what "screen" I'm looking at, so I can go and edit the fields on it?

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

I'm afraid you have to work it out from the context and config

Note down if you are in the Create process, an Edit process, looking at the issue view, or, if you are part way through a transition.

Go to the project header screen and look at the settings

If it's one of Create/View/Edit, then go into the "issue type screen scheme", looking for your issue type, and then in the screen scheme for that, you'll see which screen is in use for those functions

If it's a transition, then look at the workflow scheme, then go into the workflow for the issue type.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

+1'ed

Martin Gregory January 12, 2016

Thanks. If the field I am looking for is not on the screen, does it mean the field doesn't exist in the issue? IE is that a possible explanation, as an alternative to "I'm looking at the wrong screen config"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

No, it might be valid for the issue. For a field to appear: It must have the right "context" if it's a custom field (see the list of custom fields) It must be on the screen you are looking at It must not be hidden in the field configuration If you are looking at the "view" screen, it must have data in it, or JIRA will quietly hide it More recent versions of JIRA have a "where's my field" at the top right of most screens, that can help you find it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events