How do I introduce a new hierarchy successfully to Jira Portfolio, other than an initiative?

Brandon Olmstead December 29, 2016

I created a new issue hierarchy called a featured and mapped it in both JIRA admin and Portfolio admin. I receive the following error whenever I make a feature from within the portfolio UI:

It doesn't match any of the plan's issue sources. To make sure it shows up in your plan you need to edit the issue to match the plan's issue sources again.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2016

Hi @Brandon Olmstead,

It seems like you might have missed a step in configuring everything, or are including a source that isn't configured properly. 

Have a look at this doc page outlining everything and see if that helps you. 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/configuring-initiatives-and-other-hierarchy-levels-828785179.html

Cheers,
Allard 

0 votes
pg January 31, 2017

Hi guys -

I am trying to create a new hierarchy level "Initiative" for a Project. I have followed all the steps in the guide...

I have added the issue (Standard) and added it to the Project.Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 6.41.47 PM.png

But when I go to the Portfolio Hierarchy Configuration then I am not able to see the Initiative in the drop down. (In fact I am not able to see A/B Test either.)

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 6.43.32 PM.png

What am I doing wrong?

0 votes
Brandon Olmstead December 30, 2016

It seems that I did miss a step. Thank you for the pointer.

Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2017

Great that it helped, @Brandon Olmstead. Would you be so kind to mark the question as answered in that case? Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events