How do I import the Key when importing issues via Import Issues from CSV

Kristy Marshall November 4, 2015

I am using the Import Issues from CSV via the Issues menu (admin CSV importer).  How can I import the Key instead of Jira assigning the key to the issue?  I want to use our own issue number so I can update these same issues in the future via the same CSV importer.

3 answers

5 votes
Kristy Marshall November 6, 2015

I figured it out.  I was not using the Admin Import.  I found it under the System menu–>External System Import.  Now I have all the fields I need!  Thanks for the info.  I appreciate your assistance.

1 vote
Kristy Marshall November 5, 2015

Thanks for the example.

I have made a csv file as such:

"key", "summary"

"ADP-100419", "Second issue's summary"

Now I am on the import screen.  I am trying to map Key to Key but Key is not an available field.  How do i get Key as an available field?  Here are the fields I have available:

JIRA fields:  Original Estimate, Remaining Estimate, Summary, Issue Type, Due Date, Description, Reporter, Assignee, Priority and Labels.

Links & Sub-Tasks fields:  Issue ID, Parent ID.

In past testing of the import, I used Issue ID as the Key but JIRA still assigned it's own Key ("ADP-10" for example).  I would like it to be "ADP-100419" not an auto assigned number.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

You need to have a CSV file similar to this one:

"issue key", "summary"
"KEY-1", "First issue's summary"
"KEY-2", "Second issue's summary"

Note that the first row is essential, as JIRA needs it to know what is contained on each column.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2015

@Kristy Marshall I have edited my answer after having read the official documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/importing-data-from-csv-185729516.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events