How do I get rid of the error in JIRA on Chrome browser?

Shahriar March 14, 2018

JIRA version: JIRA v7.1.9
JIRA Type: server based

NOTE: Please see the attached screenshots to understand the error I am trying to explain here. I have attached two screenshots. One when the detail of the error is hidden and one when it is displayed once user clicks the "Details". 

Easier for me to explain in points rather than paragraph. 

• This error started showing up last year. A lot of our JIRA users started seeing this error too.
  • This error only shows in the Chrome browser (not in Safari, Firefox and not even in Chrome Incognito). 
  • When this started happening last year, I tried removing some of my Chrome extensions and not sure which one did the trick but one made the error go away. I had to clear my cache and cookies as well though. 
  • The error started showing up again couple of weeks ago and no I do not install any new Chrome extensions or anything like that. Yes, this is still happening to other users as well.
  • It could be a Chrome browser issue but if it is then why is that error only showing in JIRA but not anywhere else. 

Has anyone been experiencing this issue or is it just our company's JIRA server? It is very annoying because you can close the error but it shows up again when you revisit the JIRA board every time. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Most of our company users prefer to use Chrome.
Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 12.06.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-12 at 12.06.39 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

Hi @Shahriar

• Any way to reproduce this error? Does it always show up when accessing a Board?
  • What does the Console say? Check the developer tools of Chrome and check for errors.
  • You say this started occurring last year, do you know of any changes made on Jira or the Jira Server?
  • What Chrome extensions are installed?

According to this Atlassian Knowledge Base entry "Grammarly" can cause this error.

šŸ––
Nick

Shahriar March 14, 2018

Hi Nick, 

• Yes, it always shows up when accessing a board. That's the only way to reproduce the error. 
  • Please see the screenshot for the console in Chrome. let me know if you need more information. 
  • I don't recall any changes to our JIRA server last year except that we upgrade our JIRA version every now and then. 
  • I remember I used to have that Grammarly extension installed but I removed that last year along with few other extension. Current I have the extensions that are listen in the screenshot attached.

Thanks, 

Shahriar

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 11.54.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-14 at 11.56.20 AM.png

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

I suggest you disable all Chrome extensions and test again. Then reenable one by one. AdBlock caused me problems a few weeks ago, so I whitelisted my domain to fix that

Shahriar March 14, 2018

Matt,

Thank you for your suggestion. You are right! Looks like the "Honey" extension was the culprit! I disabled that one and re-opened the Chrome, the error is gone. 

I still think that there are other Chrome extensions that are causing this error to other users because I don't remember installing the "Honey" extension last year when the error showed up. 

Anyway, this fixed the issue for me. Thank you so much for your help, Matt! 

- Shahriar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events