How do I get a snapshot of issues on a particular day using JQL (rest) using rest api?

Daksh Chawla June 24, 2020

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-do-I-get-a-snapshot-of-issues-on-a-particular-day-using-JQL/qaq-p/81738#M5337

I had read this link and it is mentioned that we need to process the change log data to derive the snapshot of a bug for a particular day.

Any idea how to do that?

I am expecting that even if one field has changed but still for that particular date i should know the value of other fields as well for ex

There are 3 parameters in which i am interested assume a,b,c 

As we Jira only captures the change log  so on expanding change log will give me 

{

changeDate : new Date("2020-01-01")

parameterWhichChanged :"a",

fromValue: 1,

toValue:2

}

Now my area of interest is to know something similar which i mentioned below:

{

changeDate: new Date("2020-01-01"),

"a":2,

"b":1,

"c":1,

}

i assumed b and c never changed on the above change date.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Raj July 30, 2020

Hi @Daksh Chawla ,

"?expand=changelog" gives you not only changelog but also regular fields so what I would try is this (let's assume I'm interested in these three fields: assignee, reporter and created (date)):

/rest/api/latest/issue/{issueKeyOrID}?fields=assignee,reporter,created&expand=changelog

and then in data processing you can collect current values of fields you need as well as their changes. Of course changelog will give you a lot of redundant data, but you can filter it in code.

The most work in this in data processing, not in request to API.

Best,

Michael

Suggest an answer