How do I get a Crucible "Create Review" link on a JIRA issue?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2015

Environment: JIRA v7.0 with an established Application Link to Crucible + Fisheye v3.9.1, both using same Crowd user directory for Single Sign-On between the applications

1) I need to know how to create a Crucible review directly from a JIRA issue.  It is my assumption that this Creating a Review from JIRA article is out of date for v7.0 as I don't see a Commits selection in the Development panel nor a Fisheye/Crucible tab in a JIRA issue.  I've been able to dabble a little with creating a JIRA Task issue from a Comment in a Crucible review, but I don't know how to create a review in the reverse direction?  Is there a setting that's missed or a certain configuration / issue link / etc needed to see the Create Review option somewhere?

2) Also, should I assume that once I'm able to create a review from an issue that it'll automatically link that issue to the review and show up in the Issue Links section?  Currently if I create a review on Crucible and then use that to link an issue, no issue link is created. 

We've been setting up a new JIRA instance with a refreshed Crucible so only using dummy test issues and repositories right now to get everything set up for full production use.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Andy Nguyen [Atlassian]

Hi Geoff,

So I understand that an applink has been created. In your JIRA version, there's no more Source or Reviews tab in the View screen of an issue, and all the commits and reviews will be available from the Development Panel of that issue.

The Create Review link will only be available if there's already a commit associated with that issue. So the process is:

1. make a commit and mention the issue key in the commit message (in Fisheye)
    1. Using Smart Commits
  2. the commit will then appear in the Development Panel of the JIRA ticket
  3. click on the commit from the Development Panel to view it in JIRA
  4. the Create Review link will be available for that commit
  5. if you create a review from here, the issue will be linked to the Crucible review, and a review link will appear in the Development Panel as well, together with the commit link
    Commits and Reviews won't be listed in Issue Links section, as the Development Panel already does the job

Please give it a try and let us know how you go.

Thanks & regards,
Andy

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2015

You will have to configure JIRA and Crucible to talk to each other so that the tabs will appear https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/linking-crucible-to-jira-394464356.html

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2015

I already wrote above though in Environment (and also in #1) that everything in this link has already been created and works. The application link has been there along w/ Crowd user management for SSO quick switching between JIRA and Crucible. the only think that's missing is a Create Review link.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2015

I forgot my morning coffee sorry to miss that vital piece of info. Do you have the "FishEye Plugin" installed?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2015

in JIRA?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2015

I don't have any FishEye or Crucible plugin in JIRA because on the Marketplace none show up for those? Perhaps it's something that's not supported in JIRA v7 yet? (I'm not sure what version you may be running on your end if you have it all working). When I type in "fisheye" or "crucible" in Find New Add-Ons, the only results are "Run CLI Actions in JIRA" "Atlassian CLI" and "JIRA Avatar Server" due to the descriptions :/

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2015

Ahh wait I didn't look under the Application Components add-ons section. Under there is FishEye Plugin v7.0.11 so yes after all it is installed.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2015

Yes that one. Can you check the screenshots on that add-on? Are all modules enabled?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2015

yep, 100/100 modules enabled I see the one now called "Crucible Issue Tab Panel (crucible-issuepanel): Show related Crucible reviews in an issue tab panel." and that sounds like possibly a key one along with 3 other panel modules, and it is in fact enabled. So now wondering even more why I don't notice any Crucible / Fisheye related tabs or panels in a JIRA project or issue? As a quick test, on Crucible i just logged 30 min of work and it immediately updated my linked JIRA issue w/ that work BUT note that my jira issue does NOT show a link to the crucible review; i only know it's linked right now b/c i set it on the crucible review's details.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2015

Well that's weird. I have the same setup but the tab is showing up for me :( Sorry if I cannot help further, you can up a case against Atlassian so they can officially help out (support.atlassian.com)

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2015

Thank you still for following up! And yes I ended up creating a Support ticket last night as I began to find other permissions and authentication issues, but I did get the basic answer that I didn't understand at first.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2015

Now that's a change for JIRA 7! Thanks for informing us!

Suggest an answer