How do I get HipChat to appear in the integrations list on Jira?

Lee Rogers May 26, 2016

Our environment has JIRA Software v7.0.0  and  HipChat v2.0 build 1.4.1 running on AWS.

I am trying to get HipChat to integrate with JIRA because I want to use JIRA for user management.

The HipChat for JIRA plugins are installed on JIRA and are enabled:

(Atlassian HipChat integration plugin v6.31.2, Atlassian HipChat integration plugin Core v6.31.2, HipChat for JIRA plugin v6.31.2)

HipChat does not appear on the JIRA > Applications > Integrations list.

If I try to add HipChat using JIRA > Applications > Integrations > Application Links > Configure Application Links, and enter the URL for HipChat, I get the following error message:

"No response was received from the URL you entered - it may not be valid. Please fix the URL below, if needed, and click Continue."

The URL is definitely correct, I use it to log in to HipChat with no problem.

Also I can ping the HipChat host from an SSH session on the JIRA host, so network connectivity is ok. 

How can I make HipChat appear on the JIRA > Applications > Integrations list ?

Is there anything I need to do on the HipChat host to set it up?

Thanks.

Tony

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2016

Hi,

currently im using JIRA 7.1.4v in that HipChat is already available. if you want to integrate with JIRA

then look over this page.

.2016-05-27_1648.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events