How do I get Excel 2016 to open Jira issues exported in Excel format?

Chris Nelson July 21, 2016

I exported JIRA issues to an Excel file.  Excel 2016 cannot open the file - tried multiple permutations.  "Open with Repair" in Excel doesn't work either.  Has anyone figured out how to get Excel 2016 to open a file exported from Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2016

The latest versions of Office seem to have bugs - see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39432356

Chris Nelson July 21, 2016

Nailed it!  Not a bug per se - it seem some security settings were updated when I installed 2016.  There were no prompts or warnings when the file was being blocked - just opened up blank.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2016

I'd agree that the flaw might not be a bug, per se, but "not bothering to tell the user why I'm losing them time and data" is. wink

Deleted user July 28, 2016

And what settings must we change? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2016

The ones mentioned in the answer linked to above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events