How do I estimate 'effort' using story points?

Anna Davies October 14, 2015

I have configured the estimation tab so that the story point option is set, however in the estimate field of the issue it is still showing hours and minutes. I want to be able to use story points with no reference to time. I am using JIRA version 6.3.13.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

Updating the Estimation tab will not hide either of the fields when viewing an issue. This configuration however will update how you view issues in your "Plan Board

The tooltip text in there reads "Estimate issues in Plan mode by entering values for Story Points. Your velocity from sprint to sprint will be measured against these estimates.What you just did is configured the Velocity reporting capabilities of JIRA Agile to use the "Story Points" data instead of the actual hours logged. Have a read here for the complete documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-estimation-and-tracking)

Suggest an answer