How do I enable a project admin to be able to create a project link from jira to confluence

DavidK April 19, 2016

Hi,

I have setup a project and an associated administrator.  Though when they login, they can't perform a creation of a project link from JIRA to Confluence from the Project Administration page.  I can see that functionality as an admin but not as the specific project admin.

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

What is the point of setting up a Project and Space link? There's zero functionality surrounding it.

0 votes
DavidK April 19, 2016

I am using JIRA v7.1.2

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

Hi David,

Which version of JIRA are you using ?

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver070/project-shortcuts-777015858.html

link.PNG

• If the user is having JIRA Administrator global permission or Project Admin permission he should be able to add/edit link

Regards

Chander

DavidK April 19, 2016

Hi, thanks for responding

From the referenced page, I am not seeing the 'Select Add link in the project navigation sidebar.
Also from project administration page, under Settings, I don't see an 'Application Links' With a Configure Project Links link', like I do when I am logged in as a system admin.  I only see 'Repository Path'

Suggest an answer