How do I enable a project admin to be able to create a project link from jira to confluence

Hi,

I have setup a project and an associated administrator.  Though when they login, they can't perform a creation of a project link from JIRA to Confluence from the Project Administration page.  I can see that functionality as an admin but not as the specific project admin.

3 answers

Hi David,

Which version of JIRA are you using ?

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver070/project-shortcuts-777015858.html

link.PNG

• If the user is having JIRA Administrator global permission or Project Admin permission he should be able to add/edit link

Regards

Chander

Hi, thanks for responding

From the referenced page, I am not seeing the 'Select Add link in the project navigation sidebar.
Also from project administration page, under Settings, I don't see an 'Application Links' With a Configure Project Links link', like I do when I am logged in as a system admin.  I only see 'Repository Path'

I am using JIRA v7.1.2

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Apr 19, 2016

What is the point of setting up a Project and Space link? There's zero functionality surrounding it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Dec 06, 2018 in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,689 views 22 17
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you