How do I dynamically list a set of JIRA dashboards in a Confluence page; not render them?

J Chong August 12, 2016

Looking for a better way to collect and manage our team and department dashboards.  It's difficult for someone to go into JIRA and find a dashboard if they don't know how it was saved; short of creating their own view.

The current workaround is maintaining a manual hyperlinked list to the various JIRA dashboards within Confluence.  There's got to be a better way to identify a dashboard object to do a query and display this in Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2016

There's no way to generate a dynamic list of JIRA Dashboards in Confluence out-of-the-box, no.

Edit: You could write a simple User Macro that accomplished this with Javascript for instance –JIRA has an API to get all dashboards. https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/#api/2/dashboard

J Chong August 16, 2016

Thanks.

I was hoping there'd be an easy way to identify a Dashboard ObjectID and then discriminate based on names.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

I've only poked at this a little, but you could try your hand as well. I need to refactor this into functions before I keep working at it.

image2016-8-16 10:56:42.png

## @noparams
#set($D = "$")
#set($P = "#")
<div id="jra-dash-lister"><ul><span id="jra-dash-loading" class="aui-icon aui-icon-wait">Loading...</span></ul></div>
<pre><script>  
// <![CDATA[
	AJS.toInit(function(){
		AJS.${D}.ajax({
			url: '/rest/jiraanywhere/1.0/servers',
			type: "GET",
			contentType: "application/json",
			success: function(jiraLinks){
				primaryJiraId = jiraLinks[0].id;
				primaryJiraAddress = jiraLinks[0].url;
				AJS.${D}.ajax({
					url: '/plugins/servlet/applinks/proxy?appId=' + primaryJiraId + '&path=' + primaryJiraAddress + '/rest/api/2/dashboard',
					success: function(dashboardList){
						AJS.${D}('${P}jra-dash-loading').remove()
						dashboards = dashboardList.dashboards;
						for (i = 0; i < dashboards.length; i++) {
							AJS.${D}('${P}jra-dash-lister ul').append('<li><a href="' + dashboards[i].view + '">' + dashboards[i].name + '</a></li>')
						}
						AJS.${D}('${P}jra-dash-lister ul').append('<p id="jra-dash-count">Showing ' + dashboardList.maxResults + ' of ' + dashboardList.total + ' <a id="jra-dash-next" href="' + dashboardList.next + '">Next Page</a></p>');
						AJS.${D}('a${P}jra-dash-next').click(function(event){
							event.preventDefault();
							AJS.${D}('${P}jra-dash-lister li').remove()
							AJS.${D}.ajax({
								url: '/plugins/servlet/applinks/proxy?appId=' + primaryJiraId + '&path=' + ${D}(this).attr('href'),
								success: function(dashboardList){
									AJS.${D}('${P}jra-dash-loading').remove()
									AJS.${D}('${P}jra-dash-count').remove()
									dashboards = dashboardList.dashboards;
									for (i = 0; i < dashboards.length; i++) {
										AJS.${D}('${P}jra-dash-lister ul').append('<li><a href="' + dashboards[i].view + '">' + dashboards[i].name + '</a></li>')
									}
									AJS.${D}('${P}jra-dash-lister ul').append('<p>Showing ' + dashboardList.maxResults + ' of ' + dashboardList.total + ' <a id="jra-dash-next" href="' + dashboardList.next + '">Next Page</a></p>');
								}
							})
						})
					}
				})
			}
		})
	})
// ]]>
</script></pre>

Suggest an answer