How do I do Burn-Ups Charts at sub-task level?

John Sayers June 21, 2018

I know this has come up before over the last few years (many times) but appears not for a while so I thought I'd ask the question again in case there has been any developments in this space.

I want to be able to track progress at sub-task level. So when sub-tasks are moved to done they show up on the burn-up chart.

E. g. I have a Story, I break it down to 5 sub-tasks, they are all estimated at 2 hours each, so as each one moves across the board to done I should see progress on the Burn-Up., as opposed to only seeing progress when the entire Story move to done.

There are many advantage to doing this, early warning signs etc. etc.

Many people appear to want this, have things progressed or is ti still not possible to do in Jira or via some Jira Add-on?

Thanks,

John.

1 answer

0 votes
Troy Spetz June 22, 2018

We use JIRA 7.9 server version.

I don't think what you are asking for is supported. I believe that burn-up/burn-down is still done as the issue (not sub-task level).

Because of this, we do not put SPs on sub-tasks. We treat them as parallel activities which, when completed, means the parent issue can go to sprint testing. So the SPs are the parent task level.

And yes, the sprint burn-up/burn-down report will only change when the parent issue (with the SPs assigned) is closed.

Suggest an answer