How do I debug create issue actions?

red888 April 14, 2016

Something in our config changed and now we can't create new issues- when trying to create new issues you get an error message.

My question is how to I log this because right now the atlassian-jira.log isn't picking anything.

How do I log what is happening every time a new issue is created?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2016

Start with the error message - what does that say?

red888 April 14, 2016

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered... contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2016

Ah, I've seen that message when a script is going wrong on create (last week actually).  That was down to my dreadful script-runner code, but the log file was clearly pointing at my script.  As you have nothing in the log, it shouldn't be that, but I wanted to mention it just in case it could be. 

Could you list out the validators and post-functions you have on the "create" transition?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events