How do I create a custom field that will auto-populate select values from boards (in JIRA Cloud)

Yukiko Norton September 16, 2016

I want to create a multi-select custom field that will show on an issue, which allows the user to select which board the task should be associated to.  This will help me create filters that will show people only the tasks related to the boards which they have relationships with at a project level (if the project has multiple boards).

I've seen other posts on this for solutions on the server side, but is there anything for Cloud?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Yukiko Norton September 19, 2016

Thanks Joe!  I appreciate your quick response.

So this sounds more like an assumption than a certain statement - yes, the ones discussing scripting I figured out probably we cannot do in the Cloud, although I did see a new cloud version of "ScriptRunner " which makes me wonder if something, although limited, is possible.  I am new to JIRA, and I just do not know enough.  Since I'm on a trial, I'm a little short on time and hoping for expedited answers instead of figuring out on my own (which takes much longer, admittedly...).

Does anybody know if there is a way or not?  

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2016

If the other posts rely on scripting to sort the issues you can't. If it requires a plugin you may not be able to load it. If not, custom fields should work the same on the server and cloud.

Suggest an answer