How do I create a custom field and limit to a specific issue type during creation?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Adding a Custom Field

How do I create a custom field and limit to a specific issue type during creation? I don't want to create it globally and then change it because that exposes it (even briefly) to users who should not see it.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

hi,

you can use issue type screen scheme for this. create a different screen scheme and associate it with that specific issue type. add a new create screen in this screen scheme and add your custom field to this screen and you should be all set.

This widget could not be displayed.

In JIRA 5 this was part of the wizard when creating a new issue type. I don't understand why the ability to choose an issue type context was removed for JIRA 6.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

124 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you