How do I connect JIRA and Confluence to SQL Server using SSL?

Charles Candale October 23, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2016

By importing the certificate of the MSSQL server to the javakeystore, reconfigure it to the datasource SSL port and restarting the application. If you want our help, it helps us helping you if you tell us what you already tried. But yes, the short answer is YES smile

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/143661

Charles Candale October 24, 2016

Hi Jonas.

I have done that already. I also tried various statements after the following line in my dbconfig.xml:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://dbserver:1433/jiradb

I have finally got this working by:

installing the Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server to the c:\Program Files folder on dbserver

ran "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin\tomcat7w" //ES//JIRA081013165953

select Java tab and added the following to the Java Classpath:
;C:\Program Files\Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_6.0\enu\sqljdbc42.jar

changed the following in the C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\dbconfig.xml file:

<url>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://dbserver:1433/jiradb</url>
<driver-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>

to:

<url>jdbc:sqlserver://dbserver:1433;databaseName=jiradb;encrypt=true;trustServerCertificate=true;</url>
<driver-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</driver-class>

restarted Jira

can now connect using the MS JDBC drivers and I now see encrypted connections in SQL server to jiradb

Thanks.

Charles.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events