How do I check if RPC plugin is installed?

Mathijs Groen February 5, 2016

Hi, my question is how to check if on our JIRA installation on cmservices.atlassian.com RPC plugin is installed?

I need RPC plugin to be able to post bugs from testing software suit, to Jira.

Please provide instructions as on how to check and install RPC plugin.

Thanks,
Mathijs 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2016

You can't install add-ons like that in Cloud.

Even if you could, you wouldn't have it - RPC was deprecated a while ago and it does not work for more recent versions of JIRA.

Whatever you're trying to do, it needs to use either the UI, REST or Connect addons (which use REST anyway)

Mathijs Groen February 7, 2016

I am using TestComplete for test automation. I want to upload found bugs to Jira.

According to this article JIRA is supported up to version 6.4.7 .

At the moment I am getting an error code 415 when trying to connect to our JIRA system from TestComplete.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2016

Cloud is well past JIRA 6.4.7, so it's not going to work.  You'll need TestComplete to provide a version of it that works over REST (and/or a Connect addon)

Mathijs Groen February 9, 2016

Thanks for the confusion. I noticed TestComplete 11.20 - JIRA 7.1 integration is actually working.

Point was I had to use "https://" preface  instead of http:// , and I had to use login name (NOT email address) in TestComplete to succesfully connect to JIRA, and post issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2016

You hadn't mentioned that you were using the wrong settings.  There's no way we could have known that.

Mathijs Groen February 9, 2016

Correct. Also, I couldn't have known that it would be operative. Since in the documentation is stated that JIRA is supported up to version 6.4.7

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

If you have the proper permission (JIRA Administrator and above), you can view it in the "Add-Ons > Manage Add-Ons" page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events