How do I change my story point scale?

Valerie Liarikos May 18, 2016

I want to change the numbers that appear in my story point drop down. I am not sure how I can change the scale. I also need to remove a custom field that someone else created for a tee shirt size drop down. Any help would be appreciated! 

2 answers

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

To change the values of any custom field (Story Points isn't typically a drop down, so it must be a custom field), you need to be part of the jira-administrators user group and go To Adminisitration / Issues / Custom Field

To remove a field from a screen, it's admin work as well (Administration / Issues / Screens).

If you don't have admin rights, you'll need to ask someone who does.

0 votes
Heiko Gerlach April 25, 2019

Hi All,

I completely understand this requirement of having a drop down/select list, since any Burndown Chart and Velocity calculation is useless as long as anyone can enter any value. This is why we created the brand new App "StoryPoints" for Jira Server.

It is dedicated to Fibonacci Estimation but supports any Selection Options via easy administration.

For details see here. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220390/storypoints-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Cheers

Heiko

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events