How do I cancel a scheduled report in JIRA?

Logan Bell August 22, 2018

I am taking over a new position to help clean up our JIRA interface. The team has been receiving a report once a week for the last two years. Unfortunately the info that is being sent out is very out of date and is no longer useful. How do I go about cancelling that scheduled report in JIRA.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2018

Jira's only built-in option is a "subscription" which should list up to 50 issues and a link to the filter that it is being run on.  You should be able to go to that filter to confirm what it is.

Then as an admin, you should be able to use "manage filters" to remove subscriptions (or brute force and just delete the filter if you don't need it at all)

If it's not a subscription, then it's likely to be a script or app generating it, which makes it harder.  As @Andy - PTC Redundant suggests, we'd probably need to see the output (not the issues on it, just what it looks like) to identify it.

Logan Bell August 22, 2018

Awesome thanks. I was able to change my personal subscription, but is it possible to edit it so no one receives notifications?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2018

As an admin, you can subscribe groups to it, and remove those subscriptions, but if people have personal subscriptions to it, thre's not a lot you can do.  Ask them to visit and delete for themselves.

1 vote
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2018

Hi @Logan Bell: it might depend on how the report was set up in the first place: if you know this then you can quickly cancel it.

(There are many many ways your predecessor could have set it up.....) :-O

If you're lucky maybe someone like @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- might catch wind of your question and answer it perfectly / provide further help.

(Oh look... they've been tagged! #Community) ;)

Suggest an answer