How do I assign to a user automatically via transition based on a custom user picker field?

We have multiple team member that work with a issue  (Business Analyst, Tech, QA) and the workflows transition between based on the development and testing phase we are in.

Is it possible to automatically assign to user that is selected in a custom field when a workflow is transitioned? For example, I want to created a custom user field to indicate which team member is working from the BSA side, Tech side and QA side. Then when the workflow transition from "SIT Passed" and is assigned to the QA and then transitions to "Ready for UAT" is automatically assigned to the user selected as "Developer".

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Andrea,

It is possible with Enhancer Plugin's Assign issue to the user in custom field post function feature.

This widget could not be displayed.

You can do it using "Copy a parsed text to a field" post-function of JIRA Workflow Toolbox add-on using the following configuration:

• Target field: Assignee
  • Parsing mode: basic
  • Text to be parsed...: %{nnnnn}

replacing nnnnn with field code of User Picker custom fields containing the user you want to assign the issue to. You will find a field code injector in the configuration page of the post-function. Look at the screenshot:

Captura de pantalla 2016-10-18 a las 23.11.41.png

Anyway, maybe there is a free alternative to implement this simple use case.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked yesterday in Data Center

Hi! I'm Cameron Deatsch, enterprise enthusiast and Head of Server at Atlassian. AMA!

Hey team! I'm Cameron Deatsch, Head of Server at Atlassian. At our European Summit just a few weeks ago, I spoke about the latest regarding our Server and Data center products and o...

12,026 views 2 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you