How do I assign issue from new issue view?

Viktor Zozuliak April 11, 2018

I'm talking about https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html

Assignee field is read only, I can't change it. This makes this new view completely not usable

Also, Story Points field is read-only too...

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2018

This is your configuration, not the new view.

You need to talk to your administrators and make sure that the assignee and story point fields are on the issue type's edit screen, and that you have the permission "assign issue"

Viktor Zozuliak April 12, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

This is definitely not a configuration - I can assign tickets and change Story Points value using the old view.

Like # people like this
Tiffanie Penley May 24, 2019

Same thing happened to us. The Edit screen did not have assignee before, but we could assign from the Old view. We could not assign from the new view until we added the Assignee field to the Edit screen.

Lionel KERN June 18, 2019

You need to add this field on the edit screen of the dedicated issue type. 

This new view is bull***

Viktor Zozuliak July 10, 2019

We have solved this issue - that was a configuration after all (can't provide details - the configuration done by other people in our organization)

But to be honest - this is terrible UX when this new screen requires some additional configuration to work as old one.

Keri Mason August 15, 2019

UGH. I spent hours on this. 

0 votes
Viktor Zozuliak April 20, 2018

Hey

Any suggestions on this? this is still an issue...

Taylor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2018

Hi @Viktor Zozuliak, I can help you out with this. Do you mind answering a few questions so I can resolve this for you.

1. Where are you viewing the new issue view (board / backlog / or full page)? Does this occur everywhere?
  2. Do you have a screenshot you could provide?

This is likely due to the configuration of your 'screen config' for that issue type in that project. The old issue view actually overrides some of these settings so that you do not notice it when you remove assignee / story points from the screen config (depending on the location - like the backlog for story points). In the new issue view, it is much more direct mapping to the 'view and edit operation - screen config'.

So if you are seeing the field but not able to edit it, I would check the 'edit operation - screen config' for that issue type and project. Could you confirm that both assignee and story points are on this configuration setting?

Thanks in advance!

Viktor Zozuliak April 23, 2018

Hi, @Taylor!

This happens everywhere - on every screen. This happens not only for me, but for a plenty of other guys in our organizations who also had this available in the old view.

Here are the screenshots:

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.01.42.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 13.02.01.png

As for configs - I don't have access there. Could you please provide a step by step instruction how to get there so I can share it with our jira manager? I've already reached him directly but he has no clue how to fix this...

Taylor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

@Viktor Zozuliak Do you mind sharing the issue type ? Thanks for raising this for us, I'm sure I can get to the bottom of this and fix this soon.

As for the config steps, let's try this.

Step 1: Click on settings within the project (issue/board) you are in. Should be on the left-hand nav.

config_step1.png

Step 2: Within project settings, click on the screens option from left hand nav. Here you can see the specific issue type scheme's applied for each issue type within this project. 

config_step2.png

Step 3: Let me know if the view and edit operations are using different screen configs (the default would have all 3 operations (create,view,edit) the same but they can be configured to be different). 

config_step3.png

Step 4: If you can see the field but cannot edit it, that leads me to believe the assignee is not on the edit screen config. Try adding it and see if you can edit the assignee field now.

Final note: Can you confirm you can or cannot edit story points on the backlog but not the full page or board? 

Viktor Zozuliak April 23, 2018

@Taylor I don't have access to these settings, I'll communicate your message to appropriate person.

As for issue type - this happens for all issue types - Bug/Task/etc

Daniel Brown August 12, 2018

Ok so I see the issue.

This new view doesn't allow editing of assignee if its not added to the configuration. If its not added it still appears in the new view but doesn't allow changing of the assignee. 

Suggest an answer