How do I assign default values to Remote Object Link fields so that I can add it to my Service Desk Portal?

Peter Kollmeyer September 15, 2016

I am in the process of setting up a Service Desk Project and have been able to get Remote Object Fields working on the tickets and under the Edit button, but when I add them to the Service Desk Customer Portal I get a message This field type cannot be shown - you must provide a preset value.  I click on the "Edit" button and am unable to input a default value.  In the window that pops up when clicking "Edit" there is a + link on the screen, but nothing happens when I click on it.  

I tried to input a default value through the Admin>Issues>Custom Fields>"Field">Configure but that did not have a option to input a default value.  

Am I missing something?  Is there something that I should do on the set up so these fields don't remain Hidden on the Service Desk Customer Portal?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Kollmeyer September 28, 2016

I just posed the question to Service Rocket Directly as the connector is an Add-on of theirs.  

https://community.servicerocket.com/servicerocket/topics/how-do-i-assign-default-values-to-remote-object-link-fields-so-that-i-can-add-it-to-my-service?rfm=1&topic_submit=true

Hopefully we can get an answer to this question.

0 votes
Jan Anderson September 28, 2016

I have the same question but was unable to find an answer anywhere online.

Suggest an answer