How do I archive/hide project board so I can keep old data but clear up clutter (using Jira Cloud)?

beckynixon May 9, 2017

Hi there, I am trying to archive some old Jira project boards but they are owned by the previous scrum master. I have full admin permissions but I can't seem to change any of the filters for viewing the boards - I can only do this on ones I have recently created. I can't find the button to configure the boards either in Jira cloud - does it not exist? I was going to change the permisison to view the board to only myself but can't work out an easy way to do this. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks v much!

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

Check who is the ower of the underlying filters by going to:

JIRA Adminsitration (cog icon) >  System > Shared Filters (found under the 'Shared Items' heading)

You can search for all the filters owned by the previous scrum master, which will hopfully turn up the ones you need. Then you can change the owner of them to yourself, so that you can make them private.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

..unless the boards you are talking about are the default JIRA Coreboards, which look at bit like this:

jira-core-board.pngIn which case, these come automatically with 'business' type projects and have very limited configuration options.

Suggest an answer