How do I add sprint name to the Issues in Epic panel

susan.walker June 3, 2016

I will enter this as a new question. I successfully added story points and fix version.  But I can't seem to figure out how to parse the sprint to get the name.   When I use a javascript function like split(","), the entire script seems not to work.   Any help is appreciated.

Reference:

How do you add a column to "Issues in Epic" panel

In fact Sprint is also a custom field. For example in the public instance, the customfield is customfield_11930. You may need to do some string parsing based on the value that you get for the customfield.

3 answers

3 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Hi Susan,

We have created a JIRA add-on to solve these kind of problems - Issue Matrix.

By using it you can completely customize how the issues in an Epic are shown - you can choose which columns to show - for example you can add Story Points, Fix Version and Sprint. You can also separate issues in different sections according to issue type (i.e. Stories, Tests, ect.), sort based on a field, and so much more.

If you need a demo or you need help setting it up, just drop us an email at support@botronsoft.com.

susan.walker June 3, 2016

Thank you for your response.   I am on a network that is secure so it is very difficult to obtain additional plugins.    I have successfully already added Story Points and Fix Version, and just need to know how to parse the customer field for Sprint.

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

Generally it's not a good idea to use JS hacks as sooner or later they will break - when JIRA Core or JIRA Software is upgraded.

The sprint field is a comma-separated list of ids - you can use the JIRA Agile REST API to get the name of the sprint. Another warning here - this will be slow, depending on how many issues you have in the epic.

0 votes
sandeep4774 March 30, 2020

Folks, Here is my simple script to display latest sprint in Issues in Epic panel. You need a custom field id for latest sprint.

<!-- Script to add latest Sprint column in Issues in Epic panel -->
<script type='text/javascript'>
AJS.$(document).ready(function() {

AJS.$('#ghx-issues-in-epic-table tr').each(function(){
console.log('Found epic table');
var row = this;
var issueKey = AJS.$(this).attr("data-issuekey");
AJS.$.getJSON(AJS.contextPath() + '/rest/api/latest/issue/' + issueKey, function(data){
console.log('Got data for - ' + issueKey);
var value = "" ;
if (data.fields.customfield_25380 != null) {
value = String(data.fields.customfield_25380)};
console.log('Value - ' + value);
var actions = AJS.$(row).find('td.issue_actions');
AJS.$(actions).before('<td class="nav">' + value + '</td>');
});
});
});
</script>
0 votes