How do I add custom SVG issue type icons in JIRA?

Chad Barnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2016

Via the UI JIRA only allows bitmap issue type icon uploads. However, JIRA 7 comes with prepackaged SVG (vector) issue type icons.

How can I add additional SVG files as selectable issue type avatars in JIRA? Just dropping them into /images/icons/issuetypes doesn't work after restarting JIRA. I've added both an SVG file and a same-named 16x16 PNG file.

3 answers

0 votes
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2018

Hi everyone, 

There is an open feature request for this which is currently gathering votes to establish interest, please check it out here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-43512

Cheers, 

Keri Duthie | Atlassian Support

Jordi Federico April 25, 2019

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. There is one vote from me. I have same issue. I had to use png instead svg :(

0 votes
Jan Szczyra January 23, 2017

Hi guys,
I have exact same problem - I converted my png -> svg and uploaded them to /issuetypes, then JIRA restart but no luck. Any news?

0 votes
pelizza
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2016

Hi Chad,

I'm trying to do the same thing here. It seems the default issue types use an avatar and they don't point to a .png file. And, this avatars are .svg.

So, I think the only way to add a .svg file to a issue type is by creating an avatar directly on the database and associate it to the issue type, also directly on the database.

If I discover something else here I'll let you know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events