How do I add 'WONT FIX' status to Software Simplified Workflow?

Scott Lundgren June 27, 2017

We've just started using JIRA and we've set up our project to use the default Software SImplified Workflow ("To Do", "In Progress", "Done" are the availablie statuses). How do I add a status of 'WONT FIX", have the resolution set to "WONT FIX" and have the issue no longer display among the list of all issues as if the issue were done? 

Originally I went into the project Workflow, added a status named "WONT FIX" and set the Category to "Done". But when I set the issue to "WONT FIX" the issue was still unresolved and listed among all the issues, so this was the wrong approach.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gerry Claps August 8, 2017

To play it safe, first create a copy of your original workflow, associate it to your project and modify that going forward.

First things first, a status of "Won't Fix" will do nothing on it's own. Think of it more like a label or a way of filtering when searching for issues.

To get the resolution of "Won't fix" to be automatically applied to an issue when dragged into a colum mapped to the status of "Won't Fix", simply: edit the transition(s) to the ‘Won't Fix’ status in your workflow, then add a post-function to ‘Update Issue field’ to add ‘Won't Fix’ to the ‘Resolution’ field. The result will be something like this: 

Screen Shot 2017-08-09 at 11.32.38 am.png

Hope that helps, @Scott Lundgren.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events